Wednesday 16 November 2016

AngelSounds Fetal Doppler Review

So, last week I wasn't feeling too confident about Pea growing. I'm a worrier by nature so any little bump in the road and I automatically think the worst. Damien had a brilliant idea of buying me a fetal doppler. For anybody that isn't sure what that is, it is hand-held ultrasound transducer used to detect the heartbeat of my little Pea.
Damien did have a few reservations... What if I can't find the heartbeat straight away and I start to worry? (This has already happened) What if it doesn't even work? Etc. But we decided to go for it anyway and purchase this on. 

The Angelsounds Fetal Doppler. The reasoning for choosing this was very simple. It had great reviews, everywhere we looked, it was the only doppler we found that wasn't 50/50 with it's reviews. It was very much 90/10. Also, the price. We paid £30. The price range for dopplers on the market ranges but for £30 we thought why not? 

It was the best decision we could have made for me and my peace of mind. 

The AngelSounds is small and cute. We use it with a little bit of bio oil and Damien can find Peas heartbeat almost instantly every time. (I still struggle and get frustrated after trying for twenty.) 
Hearing Peas heartbeat for the first time was magical. I teared up and couldn't stop smiling. It was so much faster than I imagined it would be and I was convinced that couldn't be it. So Damien made me listen to my heartbeat through the doppler and then Peas again. A healthy heart fetal heart rate is between 120-160 beats per minute so we timed Peas and found it was 150bpm. Another huge smile on my face. 

What I would say, is for the money, it was one of my favourite purchases so far. And I would recommend it to any expecting mothers. What I would suggest though is waiting til you were 15+ weeks. This particular doppler states the heartbeat can be found from 12 weeks but I am 16 weeks and depending on the position of Pea, the heartbeat can be very, very faint which I can only imagine may be even fainter if the baby is smaller. 

Definitely a brilliant purchase! 

Shannon x




No comments:

Post a Comment